The Importance of Planning For The Future
Estate planning provides you with the ability to make decisions for yourself, your loved ones and your assets during a period of incapacity, as well as after death, rather than leaving the decisions up to judges or state laws.
At Martin Law Office LLC, we recognize estate planning can be stressful and at times, overwhelming. We make it our priority to listen to your questions, concerns, thoughts, and desires, and we then provide you with meaningful guidance that is both helpful and understandable.
What You Need To Know And How We Can Help
Estate planning is a broad term that refers to finance and asset planning that should be tailored to a person or family’s specific needs. That is why an estate plan can include a wide spectrum of legal instruments, depending on a client’s goals, including a combination of any of the following:
- Documents identifying guardians for minors or other dependents
- A durable general (financial) power of attorney
- A durable medical power of attorney
- Advance medical directives (i.e., a living will)
- Health information releases
- Instructions regarding the disposition of remains and memorial services
- A designated beneficiary agreement
- Premarital or postmarital agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Charitable gift-giving strategies
Working with Martin Law Office LLC means working with an experienced attorney to:
- Guide you in finding the right tools for your needs
- Consider and advise you on how to meet your goals and the impacts of those goals
- Make sure your tools are personalized for your needs and wishes
- Explain the legal terms and nuances
- Advise you on steps after the planning tools are in place
- Provide a contact point in the future for you and your loved ones when the planning tools are needed
We Can Help
At Martin Law Office LLC, we make it a priority to stay up to date on planning options and tools for our diverse client base. Every individual and family deserves to know that they, their loved ones and their assets will be treated with the respect and care they deserve. As such, we take pride in making sure that our clients from the LGBTQ community are fully protected during periods of incapacity and following death.
Call Us Today
It’s always in your best interest to talk to an experienced attorney sooner rather than later. You want to be prepared should anything unexpected ever happen. We are here to guide you in the right direction. Contact us today at 720-398-8745 to protect you and your loved ones.